CNN's New York City offices and studios were evacuated Thursday night due to a bomb threat, forcing the network to switch to pre-filmed programming.
The area - around 59th Street and Central Park West in midtown Manhattan - was closed to vehicle and pedestrian traffic while authorities investigate, police said, adding that a bomb squad had been called in.
This isn't the first time the building has been the target of bomb threat phone calls.
CNN anchor Brian Stelter said that the building had been evacuated.
Cuba to launch Internet access on mobile phones
Accessing state-run applications and websites like Ecured, a Cuban Wikipedia, could be cheaper for citizens, added Velázquez. TRANSLATION: Today, the Ministry of Communications will announce and explain mobile internet service n Mesa Redonda.
Fire alarm bells rang out in the CNN newsroom triggering the evacuation.
While none of the devices had actually detonated, the Federal Bureau of Investigation said that they were not dummies.
The bomb threat was phoned-in, according to CNN. We grabbed what we could and got out of the building and now, we are standing outside of the building, ' Lemon said on CNN.
Police said the building was evacuated and building security did a preliminary search.
Treasury yield curve inversion sparks recession fears
Whatever the situation with the Fed and the USA markets, emerging markets may be effected even more than the US economy. Usually it's the other way around, and it means investors are anxious about the short-term health of the economy .
In August, New York Times reporter Kenneth Vogel received a voice message from an individual who referred to him as an "enemy of the people", the same language used by Trump, and threatened the journalist with an AK-47.
Don Lemon, who was on the air when the threat forced the abrupt end of his show, also tweeted out the news.
That package was addressed to former Central Intelligence Agency director John Brennan.
Panama Papers fallout: DOJ charges four with fraud
Justice officials said the four were involved in a "decades-long criminal scheme perpetrated by Mossack Fonseca". Reports from earlier this year indicate Mossack Fonesca announced it would close in March 2018.