Kelly' Abuse Documentary Premiere Shut Down After Shooting, Bomb Threat

Singer R. Kelly performs at the '18th Annual Soul Train Music Awards' at the Scottish Rite Auditorium

Surviving R. Kelly’ Abuse Documentary Premiere Shut Down After Shooting Bomb Threat Kevin Winter Getty Images5 Dec 2018

The documentary is a six-part Lifetime mini-series about some of the women who have accused Kelly of sexual assault over the last 20 years.

A Lifetime rep told Variety the event was evacuated as a precaution after the venue received two anonymous calls and there is speculation that the cable network believes Kelly himself is to blame. In the aftermath, Kelly's ex-wife Drea Kelly believes that he had something to do with the threats.

A private screening of the Lifetime documentary 'Surviving R. Kelly' in NY has been evacuated after two threats were called into the theatre. "As a precaution, we evacuated", a representative from Lifetime said in a released statement, "Tonight's all about the safety for everyone - we're not even sure what to do next". Attendees and participants were evacuated following threats against the venue.

Amid US sanctions, Iran threatens again to close key strait
Rouhani last threatened to close the Gulf in July when he warned the U.S. "should not play with the lion's tail". Rouhani said the United States would not succeed in cutting Iran's economic ties with the region and the world.

A Lifetime documentary about R. Kelly's alleged sexual misconduct over the years was set to premiere in New York City this week before things took a risky turn.

The event was filled with the disgraced singer's accusers and #MeToo supporters who were prepared to give testimony about the alleged accusations against Kelly for his ongoing abusive behavior during a Q&A session after the movie had aired.

The documentary profiles allegations that R. Kelly engaged in "physical, emotional and mental abuse", according to The Hollywood Reporter. This was an outside inside-job to me; someone on the outside does not want what's going on on the inside to be completed.

'ANTM' alum Jael Strauss was dedicated to helping addicts
Jael had explained: 'With treatment it may prolong my life longer than the "few months" doctors said I could make it'. The former ANTM contestant previously announced her stage 4 breast cancer diagnosis on Facebook in October 2018.

"But I would say that I don't believe in happenstance, I don't believe that anything is a coincidence". "These women who come forward to tell their stories are innocent victims". The two have been divorced since 2006.

Lifetime said in a statement that it had made a decision to evacuate the event after "several anonymous threats" were called in. Lifetime will premiere the special three-night-event, beginning Thursday, January 3rd at 9pm.

Chelsea players had too much confidence, says Maurizio Sarri
Nuno added: 'Chelsea have enormous quality, Sarri's possession of the ball required us to put in a lot of effort and running. Chelsea FC are looking to finish in the top four this season after the Blues ended up in fifth spot last term.

Latest News