Former Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) chief Pahlaj Nihalani, who filed a plea in the Bombay High Court against the reported cuts ordered in his forthcoming film Rangeela Raja, has alleged that Aamir Khan's Thugs Of Hindostan was 'given preference, ' despite submitting the movie with the film body several days after he did, reports news agency ANI.
The veteran director and producer went on to say that the makers of Thugs of Hindostan applied for review 20 days after his application but it was approved early because Prasoon Joshi and Aamir Khan share a close relationship.
Nihalani mentioned the cuts ordered in his film are absurd.
Visual tweaks hit Rainbow Six Siege ahead of release in Asian countries
It's not hard to see how some of the content here could fall afoul of these rules, broad and uncompromising as they are. This post contains affiliate links where DualShockers gets a small commission on sales.
In May this year, after team Rangeela Raja shot for a dance sequence, Pahlaj Nihalani told IANS, "The entire look, feel, appearance and rhythm of the song sequence is based on the Kingfisher calendars". Pahlaj is at pains to point out that there is no double meaning inherent in the line. Nihalani states that normally, the CBFC screening committee would have taken 21 days to see the film but in his case, they took 40 days and passed an order on many cuts without hearing him out. There is no kiss. Only a suggestion of a kiss.
Nihalani said that Joshi is being a biased chairperson and that he will see the latter in court. But he can't bully me into cutting harmless scenes just because I was once in his chair and favouring no one.
Nihalani said: "Yes, I've taken the matter to the honourable High Court".
Arsene Wenger move to former UEFA Champions League winners almost complete
Milan have endured several hard years in Serie A , as the Rossoneri's stock has plummeted since last winning the league title in 2011.
Nihalani didn't want his film to be subjected to unfair treatment. I am going to court to fight this out. He was removed from his position in August, 2017.
Thus, the petitioner has sought the letter dated November 2, 2018, ordering cuts to be quashed and prayed for a U or U/A certificate to be granted to the film.
While speaking to media, Pahlaj Nihalani asserted that he has filed a plea in Bombay High Court against the censor board for suggesting over 20 cuts in his upcoming film Rangeela Raja, which features Govinda in lead role. The duo has previously collaborated on three films - Aankhen, Shola Aur Shabnam and Ilzaan. It is scheduled to hit the big screens on November 16.
Lionel Messi is the 'cherry on top' of Blaugrana, says Luciano Spalletti
Barca needed goals from Ousmane Dembele and Luis Suarez in the final three minutes to claim a nervy win over Rayo last Saturday. They sit three points ahead of the Italians at the top of Group B having won each of their three fixtures.