Ronaldo's lawyer blames a 'hacker' for rape 'fabrications'

Cristiano Ronaldo celebrates after scoring for Juventus

Image Cristiano Ronaldo celebrates after scoring for Juventus

"This agreement is by no means a confession of guilt".

"We stand by our reporting".

Las Vegas police have re-opened their inquiry into Ms Mayorga's claims against Ronaldo.

He added material "irresponsibly published" from "stolen documents" included large sections which were "altered and/or completely fabricated".

"It is my understanding that in 2015, dozens of entities [including law firms] across many different industries throughout Europe were hacked and their electronic data was stolen and captured by a cyber criminal", he said.

Mayorga says she was attacked by the Portuguese footballer in a hotel room in the USA city that year.

Heat still interested in Jimmy Butler who practices with Wolves
However, Woj reports that Butler was verbally challenging teammates, coaches and the front office. But like I said, there's different nuances, different situations that happen", Tolliver said.

That is nearly certainly a reference to Der Spiegel, the German publication which reported the existence of Ronaldo's settlement in 2017 and published Mayorga's account last month.

In a statement, Christiansen said: "I have been hired to represent Cristiano Ronaldo with respect to the recent civil complaint arising from events alleged to have occurred in 2009, all of which were the subject of a mutual release between the parties in 2010".

The Juventus player released a blistering statement through his lawyer Peter S. Christiansen on Wednesday denying all accusations.

He says that Ronaldo "does not deny that he agreed to enter into an agreement" with Mayorga in 2010, but insists "the reasons that led him to do so are at least being distorted".

"Any document or information under the control or in the possession of Cristiano Ronaldo should be immediately turned over to the appropriate law enforcement agencies and the offices of Stovall & Associates to expedite the investigation and resolution of the alleged discrepancies in the "Football Leaks" documents". "I firmly deny the accusations being issued against me", he said earlier this month.

German publication Der Spiegel recently reported that an American woman by the name of Kathryn Mayorga had accused Ronaldo of sexual assault in 2009.

Queen Elizabeth II's wedding present to Princess Eugenie
The only non-royal bridesmaid will be Theodora Williams - the six-year-old daughter of Robbie Williams and Ayda Field. Buckingham Palace said Wednesday that Eugenie has asked elder sister Princess Beatrice to be her maid of honour.

"Once again, for the avoidance of doubt, Cristiano Ronaldo's position has always been, and continues to be, that what happened in 2009 in Las Vegas was completely consensual", Ronaldo's lawyer said, as quoted by the BBC.

Der Spiegel said: "When we published an article about the settlement agreement between Ms Mayorga and Mr Ronaldo in 2017, his advisors called it "nothing but a piece of journalistic fiction".

"In both civil and criminal cases, disputes regarding the accuracy of documents are generally questions of fact to be decided by the jury". In no way did they claim that parts of our information were "pure inventions".

It had been reported by a Portuguese newspaper that Ronaldo plans to claim the Spanish club put pressure on him to sign a settlement with Mayorga.

"It's not our job to judge".

"The responsible authorities of Nevada will determine the following steps in this process".

Hurricane Michael upgraded to powerful Category 4
Hurricane Michael , which made landfall in Florida Wednesday, is being called the third-strongest storm to hit North America. And in September, Gulf Power crews restored power to 26,000 customers after Tropical Storm Gordon lashed the area.

Latest News